Monday, November 24, 2008

Family Vacation

Each year around August or September I start working on Craig to convince him to go to Washington D.C. So far it has worked! Of course this year we had to inlist my brother in law John, to help convince him. I think the tables started turning in my favor when John started the innocent texting campaign! Well it was beautiful. I love going in the fall. I love the weather, kicking and crunching trough the fall leaves, smelling the dry leaves, and the cool fall air. Sorry but we just don't have that in Las Vegas. We had a great time. We stayed with my sister and her family. We got to visit with my Dad and go on a beautiful walk with him. We spent 10 wonderful days together as a family and it was my idea of Heaven! One day we went to see the Washington D.C. temple and the leaves started blowing down on us. It was beautiful. We had so much fun trying to catch the falling leaves. The leaves are surprisingly wily! We enjoyed visiting the sights. As usual we were the touring maniacs. We saw everything from National monuments to nature's monuments! Of course we couldn't miss the zoo and the Amazonia building!We had to go look for "The Awakening" since it is one of the kids favorite things to see. The sculpture had been moved since last time we saw it. I think one of the main reasons I love going to D.C. in the fall is because it really is some of the best family time we have together all year.

7 comments:

The Baker said...

Seriously, all i can think of when i look at this post is your family is just beautiful. you look so happy and the surroundings are amazing compared to vegas.

smartquacker said...

Christine it looks like you had so much fun. The pictures that you guys got were just great!!!

Christine said...

suckered again... -Craig

Crouch6 said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a blog! You guys look great. What a fun trip

allyson said...

Enjoyed your post. It's crazy the things we have to do to see "Fall."

10 days and you were still in heaven . . . how would it be? Glad you had so much fun.

*LaUrA* said...

so...we aren't THAT far from DC...where's the love??!!?!?!:)

I love the massive leaf that Hunter is holding! I want one!

Josh and I had fun looking through your pictures and making fun of Pippy Rooney with a goat...although I like it!

I can't believe how big all the kiddos are getting! sheesh...slow down!

Sadie said...

Hey I need your new address.