Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ode to my Valentine-Craig

For those of you who don't know our story I'll make it short and sweet.... We dated....I said I would never marry him (too uptight) and he said he would never marry me (to wild). Well here we are almost 16 years later. So here is my ode to my Valentine. (I'm not sure what an "Ode" really consists of but this will have to suffice!


I love Craig because he quiets, calms, and reassures me (I'm the worrying type)
He deals with my phobias and psychosis (and even adopts some himself...hooray for purell!)
He is a great dad...a climbing post, a ride for tired little feet, a big pillar to take down!
He is the swing pusher
The baby tucker in-er
He loves BYU
He is the driver on vacations (sometimes I try to stay awake but I end up just talking gibberish)

He works long and hard so I can stay home with my babies.
He hugs and kisses his babies
He takes the kids on the teacup ride at Disneyland because it makes me sick
Sometimes I can not believe how perfect he is for me.
He is my confidant.
We think the same and laugh about it.
He is my secret smirk sharer.
He is the best shoulder kneader to help with my headaches
He is my love and my passion.
He is the brightest star on my darkest night.

6 comments:

Crouch6 said...

Very sweet. Love the engagement photo! So, a friend of mine Judy Gibson said her best friend from high school is your sister. Small world! We should get together sometime!

The Baker said...

I have to agree, the engagement photo is priceless, it looks just like Sierra.

*LaUrA* said...

I think you should totally do that hair again!!

Sweet "Ode" (like you said...whatever that means) Craig is a great guy and you two are definitely perfect together from what I have seen. I have been thinking of my own "ode" and will post soon. Loved all the pictures of your sweet babies...and I think there is nothing more attractive than a man being a good daddy.

Sadie said...

Too cute!!! That was so sweet. Aren't husbands the greatest!!

Sadie said...

PS - I love the color of Craigs jeans.

thebutlerfam said...

oh i'm crying! What a perfect match you two are!

xoxonik