Monday, April 13, 2009

Camping

Over spring break we went camping to a place called Nob Hill with my family and my brothers family that was here visiting. Uncle Nate and my little nieces came for a bit as well. To tell the truth, while we were driving I was doubting Craig and the place he picked, but when we got to the right spot it really opened up into a cool area. There were so many boulders and cave like areas. The kids had a blast exploring and climbing all over everything. Hunter liked using his pocket knife to do some whittling. I used to think that camping was nice to do every now and then....but not so much any more. We had a good time and everything....I just want to sleep in my own bed and be able to shower, and have a toilet that isn't a patch of dirt behind a rock. Is that too much to ask? I guess what I'm saying is that now I think I am more of a day trip kinda girl when it comes to roughing it. We went on a hike and found a couple of geo caches. On the way back to camp we ended up in a kind of a bad boulder valley place and were having a hard time figuring out how to get out. The kids found a way to tunnel under some boulders and we finally were able to get every one out. On the way home from camping we stopped by a place called key hole canyon where there are Indian petraglyphs. We were glad uncle Aaron's mini van made it though that dirt road. There was also a cool spot where it looks like a waterfall has smoothed out and shaped the stone. The next night we had a big slumber party with all the cousins that were here. I fell asleep during the movie....what can I say!

3 comments:

Sierra said...

oh you people have so much fun! Wish I could be there.

Sierra said...

Sorry that was only Seashine.

Boyce Bunch said...

You have awesome outdoor destinations!!! We will have to compare notes sometime!! I love your photos!!! I am with you about day trips!!